- Only the target language is used.
- The main training strategy is learning through speaking. The focus on writing and reading is dictated by the learner’s needs.
- Learners speak more than the trainer.
- Learners acquire language skills through examples and practice rather than theoretical explanations.
- Trainers check the extent of the learner’s knowledge before teaching new material. Learners are tested regularly.
- Trainers tailor lessons to the individual needs of learners.
- Learners can be creative and participate in real communication during a lesson.
- Trainers correct mistakes in such a way that learners develop skill in self-correction and learn to use the language independently.
- Trainers use a variety of teaching techniques to keep the learning atmosphere positive.
- Student books are closed during most of a lesson.
We recognise that the inlingua method is only as good as the teachers who use it, therefore, we hire only native-speaker teachers who have attained a teaching degree or equivalent qualification.
Our instructors follow a continuing education program which consists of workshops on specific pedagogical themes.
Obligatory further training consists of workshops on a variety of pedagogical topics, in order to ensure that teachers and students can benefit from the latest developments in learning techniques.
For more information about our worldwide locations, approvals, certifications, and local representatives, please visit www.inlingua.com.